The aim of this programme is to contribute to the further development of an area where equality and the rights of persons, as enshrined in the Treaty, the Charter and international human rights conventions, are promoted and protected. Its main objectives are:
- Promote non-discrimination
- Combat racism, xenophobia, homophobia and other forms of intolerance
- Promote rights of persons with disabilities
- Promote equality between women and men and gender mainstreaming
- Prevent violence against children, young people, women and other groups at risk (Daphne)
- Promote the rights of the child
- Ensure the highest level of data protection
- Promote the rights deriving from Union citizenship
- Enforce consumer rights
Its budget is almost 450 million euros and it replaces three earlier programmes. The countries that are eligible for participation are all the member states including Iceland and Liechtenstein.
Using our experience from previous programmes that promoted the same values like Daphne III we can help all organization prepare and submit their proposals.